Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Sweetest Snail Mail

Practicing for the Big Day
In this age of email, instant messaging, and instant everything, we sometimes forget the slow, old-fashioned pleasure of opening personal correspondence sent through the U.S. Mail. 

As you can see from the picture, Don and I are social dancers. Our friends enjoyed quite a bit of ballroom dancing with us at our recent wedding reception.Most family members are not ballroom dancers but got on the dance floor and had fun, anyway.

Apparently the ballroom style of dancing made a huge impression on one of my sister's little girls. She wrote the sweetest letter to her new uncle, which my sister kindly sent us. Here is what she wrote in her own careful scrawl:

Dear Uncle Don,

At the wedding, I loved your dancing. I never thought of doing stuff with your feet when you put your feet different ways. Like backwords and forwords (sic). When I dance with my sister we just go in circles holding hands. At the wedding when the man said you may kiss the bride, I closed my hands and covered my eyes.

Hope you had a great honeymoon.

Your niece,

Christina

Don is tickled to death with her little note, and I am such a proud Aunt. What a nice introduction to ballroom dancing for little Christina, and what a warm welcome to our family for Don. Thanks, Christina!

No comments:

Post a Comment