Sunday, August 19, 2012

Parting Words from Dr. De Triquet

Despite his "no" vote recently on our "hen issue," I am getting to like this City Council Member better and better. Here are his parting words to me on my response to his rationale for this vote, as reported in previous posts:

I received your detailed and very well reasoned and articulate support of the proposed resolution. What I've learned over the years as a physician and an elected official is that all arguments or information must be carefully weighed before making a final decision. Please be assured that I will do the same with yours.

On another note I want to assure you that I have not, and will not, lobby any of my fellow Councilmembers to support any opinion I may finally reach on this issue. Let every member study the issue and vote as he or she sees fit. Hopefully then the outcome will be reached in a fair and unbiased manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment