Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Little Tomato That Could, End of April

The Little Tomato is starting to produce fruit. The plant that my husband rescued back in November and that we have nurtured through the winter is now producing flowers and tiny green tomatoes. We were wondering if it would bear fruit at all, since it's of uncertain and probably hybrid parentage. Don is one proud papa, and I don't blame him!

Little Tomato Today
Have I ever mentioned that Don eats tomatoes (apples, too) like nobody I've ever known? I hope these tomatoes mature into something wonderful to reward him for all his efforts.

It looks healthy, although it's not the handsomest tomato I've ever seen. It's certainly a far cry from the pathetic Fall seedling pictured below.
Little Tomato in November

No comments:

Post a Comment